Monday, May 09, 2005

In The End

Love me, love me. Please never leave me. I overheard Miss White whisper to a man whose name will always remain a mystery. Being the busybody that I am, I stopped dead in my tracks..waiting silently for the man I had come to know as Mr A to reply..He said nothing.Pause ,sniff, sniff..and still nothing.Thoughts are racing through my head..Can he not hear her heart crying out to him? I could feel her pain piercing through the surprisingly warm autumn night..i wish I hadn’t stopped..Darn, why am I so nosy..I almost slapped myself, but decided that the ground didn’t look like it was willing to swallow me if I was caught intruding on thos rather awkward moment..Finally, I heard a rich baritone (women have always been suckers for a charmer) utter the words that would change my life forever.." You knew the deal from the start, I never lied to you."He stressed the word "Never"..At that point, I risked it, and ran all the way to my bed.
That night I thought, One score and two years I’ve been here,..and I’m still Ignorant..That night,I vowed to turn a new leaf..Tomorrow would be a new beginning. No more would I be meek like the lamb. I cried for Miss White and cursed at the countless Mr. A’s I knew were out there..Tomorrow, I will become a Lion.Strong, fierce..King of the Jungle, feared by all, and respected by many…I looked around me now,and I all I could see was fear..Fear that led to failure, rejection, poverty, pain..No, not I sir..I will prowl the world, seeking my prey, and taking what I will by force.,.Try me, anyone who dares..Noone can stop me, noone.not even him..I look at the picture ripped to bits, littered on my beautiful cashmere rug..Life’s not fair, but I refuse to be taken prisoner..I reflect for a moment on all those that have caused me pain in the past,and I vow to have my revenge..
This morning was the start of a new me..Fearless, I go about my daily chores.. I feel free from all the chains that held me down. Liberated from the emotions that tortured me..I don’t care any more..I hear Kelis blasting from my IPOD..do you care? Oh no..Do you care? Oh no..
Then…as I’m walking home after a long, hard fear-free day..I see a couple walking by..He says he loves her..She says "I love you too"..She’s holding some flowers..They’re both wearing rings..I sigh..I almost made it..Before I go to bed that night, I shed yet again my newly acquired skin..Maybe tomorrow I’ll be an owl..

No comments:

zanzibar

zanzibar