Tuesday, March 13, 2007

RIP

Life is so delicate
This is brought home so much more when you lose a loved one
One minute someone's there and the next they're no more
I lost an aunt today..
She left home like everybody else, rushing to a meeting she didn't know she would never make
I can imagine her asking her driver to hurry on as she headed to Kaduna from Abuja
In a split second..Everything changed..
She would be no more...

As I sift through my memories of this aunt
I remember how I held something against her for so many years
However implicit, I would have sunk if I knew I didn't forget before she left
Thank You Lord for bringing her to me last year
What if she died and I hadn't let go?
What if I held on to the insignificant yearns?

She had her struggles, no doubt
But Lord I hope she learnt to focus on you..But Lord I hope she learnt to focus on you..
Did she remember to pray as that meeting dwelt on her mind this day?
Has she gone to be with you?
That's all that matters now..no doubt

All the dreams, worries and strife..
All vanished with her last breath today
The meeting, promotions..that new house
Do not figure any more
I think about all the what if's
If she had known that today would be The Day..

How can I make the best of today?
How can I learn to live and love every being I come across?
Father, I need not complain but focus on you
Who knows the day My Day will be nigh
The date inscribed on your heart..of course
Known only by Father, Son and the Holy Spirit

Whatever happens Father-I am not afraid
You've sent me here to do your Will
I'm constantly falling off the rails
But doesn't matter because I've given my life to you
Say the word Father-and I'll be Home

The thing that terrifies me-I know
Is the loss of the ones that I hold most dear
Father-I'm not ready for this
So please I plead-Father-spare them daily with your Grace
Let them live till they are Ninety plus eight

Who am I that you are mindful of me?
Father Lord-You give and you take
Aunty Ego-your memories abound
Rest in perfect peace-I urge you this day
Life is so delicate
Nothing's as it seems.

2 comments:

Olawunmi said...

my condolences. May her soul rest in peace

dellysangel said...

Miss Me - But Let Me Go

When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me,
I want no rites in a gloom filled room!
Why cry for a soul set free!
Miss me a little - but not too long
And not with your head bowed low,
Remember the love that we once shared,
Miss me - but let me go

For this journey we all must take
And each must go alone:
It is all a part of the Master's plan
A step on the road to Home.
When you are lonely and sick of heart
Go to the friends we know
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds.
Miss me - but let me go.

Author Unknown

zanzibar

zanzibar